Sturgis First United Methodist Church
Interested in learning more?
Weddings can be held at First United Methodist Church.
It is a beautiful sanctuary and grounds for your special day.
We have wedding coordinators who will help you through
every step of your rehearsal and wedding day.
Weddings can be held in other places and our pastor will work with you on officiating your special day.
A wedding is a beautiful moment in our lives when we stand in the presence of God and make our most solemn vows to another person. We are happy for you in your love and it is our intention to make your wedding day experience a joyful and spiritually meaningful one.
The following matters are of important consideration for those who wish to have their wedding at the First United Methodist Church:
1) To reserve your wedding date, please call or stop by the church office to pick up our “wedding packet.” You will need to complete and return the top two pages of the packet (with a $75.00 deposit) to the church office. If the church calendar and the pastor’s calendar are clear, your date will be confirmed and a letter of confirmation will be sent to you.
2) COUNSELING: If confirmed, please plan on premarital counseling with the pastor performing your wedding. There will be five 1-hour sessions.
3) MUSIC: Since a wedding is a religious service, music should be selected that affirms the spirit of the Christian wedding service. Our organist will assist you in your selection, if needed.
4) REHEARAL: A rehearsal is required, generally the night before the wedding.
5) DECORATIONS: Sanctuary decorations should be conservative. Seasonal decorations must remain in the sanctuary but may be added to or enhanced.
More information is found in the “wedding packet” should you decide you would like to have your wedding here.
Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Tetzloff